Solve a ink drying problem on inkjet printers
Solution for printing from Windows command line
- You can do it from Adobe Reader, but it doesn’t close GUI after printing
- PDFtoPrinter uses AutoIt’s “RunWait” to run the embedded PDF-Xchange Viewer.
- If I don’t care about watermark: 2Printer
- SumatraPDF has the command line switches
-print-to myprinter) and
-silentthat allows for completely silent background printing! The return code is 0 if it succeeds and 1 if it fails. Read more
- Maybe this would work? Raw File Printer
Selected: SumatraPDF solution
I’ve decided to use SumatraPDF as I’m already using it as default PDF viewer.
SumatraPDF.exe -silent -print-to "HP DeskJet 2630" do-not-dry-page.pdf
Now just use Windows Scheduled Tasks to execute it every two weeks. I’ve also made PDF page to print CMYK but not use too much ink; plus we can use that blank page with pen.